We started our first Writers Seminar on the 17-18 September, 2010, in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. It was a wonderful experience. Since then I have trained hundreds of writers and potential writers in Nigeria and abroad. Glory to God.
The journey so far was challenging and fruitful. I am glad because a few of those we have trained are today book writers, while some are in the process. The destination ahead is bright and I hope that the writers we are training will continue to grow and one-day find their parts in sharing local contents globally.
As a writer and trainer, I am strongly convinced that African- writers are developing and majority will one-day write as professionals. They will produce books of international standard. It will not only be one event, but a sustainable excellent writing culture from one generation to another.
In the process of training, I realized that a practical book that will simply guide writers in effective writing is needed. Such a book must challenge them to discover their writing potential; motivate them to write; offer core writing tips and be interactive in teaching/learning methods. I have worked on such a book for a few years and will soon be ready for release, by God’s grace.
Many of my answers to the challenges confronting writers, especially in Africa, are captured in the book.
Some of the key areas of concern I have noticed in training are:
1. African writers know how to write, but most of them do not know how to write books professionally.
2. Two important things are highly needed before great books can flow out of Africa: high capacity in identifying groundbreaking contents, and the best way to organize them.
2. You can have a PhD in your field and still may not know how to write a good book. The secrets of writing a good book are mostly in the publishing industry not in our formal schools.
3. The patience to work on a writing project until excellence is achieved is minimal. We need to upgrade our level of patience.
4. Most of the writers do not have proper understanding of their world, the publishing world and the world of their readers. They often fail in communication because of that.
You have alot to learn no matter your level if you have never attended a professional book writing training programme. There are a lot of secrets you need to know and only those who know the secrets can tell you.
Our major BOOK WRITING SEMINAR in Abuja is from 8-10, August, 2019. Specially designed for leaders (Pastors, Speakers, Business/Entrepreneurs, Politicians, Scholars, Civil servants etc). We are training leaders in book writing so that they can lead well and write well. It is sad if a leader leads well, but undocumented. We have lost great values as a result of not writing our leadership contents. EVERY BOOK IS A LEADERSHIP PRODUCT.
God willing, details of the seminar will soon be available on this platform and others. Prepare to attend.
There is hope for Africa.